Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hello, my name is....

...ROBIN!!!!

In an attempt to consciously diverge from my habitual cynicism, I have created this thrilling blog about all things food! As human beings, I believe that although we come from many culturally diverse backgrounds, one thing is for sure, we like to eat!! With that said, I would like to share some information about myself which has ultimately prompted me to solidify the theme of this project:

In the past 6 months of my life, I have made some "lifestyle" changes which have quite effectively and certainly altered my health for the better. I use to the term "lifestyle" quite specifically because my initial attempts at simply consuming, preparing, to actually "cooking" healthier meals/snacks has led me to become a much healthier and aware being altogether. I began this unconscious journey, if you will, with little to no kitchen skills which leads me to believe that anyone can create healthy food for themselves no matter how far the steak knife is up one's ass.

I plan on pseudo-documenting my lifestyle/food attempts beginning from mastery in "PB&J construction" to "move over Emeril, I'll show you 'bam!'" As already eagerly anticipated I'm sure, my recipes for various concoctions will be posted along with certain photographic documentation (yes, I AM that much of a LOSER and snap quickies of my creations) and "splurge alternatives" when lentils and rice cakes just don't cut it.

I, ultimately, hope to open people's hungry minds up to how easy and exciting (and yes, I'm cheezy from time to time) food can be! If nothing else, I hope you go out and have a few drinks for me if your attempts in the kitchen flop!

...and to allude the wise words of a baseball film-favorite, "If you cook it, people will come!"


Food for thought, I'd say.

No comments: