Thursday, November 15, 2007

Holiday Food Anticipation

Annnnnnd, the holiday food daydreaming begins....rightfully so being that Thanksgiving is in T-one week! As you all might remember from so avidly checking in on my blogging, my reliable digital camera decided to unreliably not work...to my utter dismay. Therefore, personal "foodie" photos will take a backseat until sister old snaps a buxom montage over the holidays with her own camera.

Anyhow, I am taking this opportunity to rant and rave about my favorite (and I'm sure shared) foods/gatherings for the holidays! I love the turkey, but I must say (and quite obviously from my chosen photo), the sweet potato pie is SOOOO the underdog and it is SOOOO amazing. Therefore, I am dedicating my first "fave thought" towards the magnificence and simplicity behind the candied sweet potatoes which my mother makes (recipe courtesy of one of my best friend's stepfather's.....that would be Kaylin, the tall blonde on the right on the aforementioned "seis post" with respective photo op). I think sweet potatoes, while unique and not typically enjoyed universally, have received a not-so-keen reputation because they haven't been known to be doused in brown sugar, butter, and chopped pecans. Yeah, let's face it, the holidays are certainly the times when you can kiss your stellar diet goodbye. It's definitely time to FEAST!

Anyhow, while this blog post may not be in my traditional "photo/recipe/AMAZING ANECDOTE" fashion, the next few posts will surely make up for it....because....well, two things:

1. Thanksgiving----which means I will take many photos of the INCREDIBLE meal my aunt always makes in Boston....AND
2. Wine and Cheese party- (aka 'wine and chee' spoken in my friends' sweet ebonic language) Wine and Cheese is the traditional post-Thanksgiving food and drink get together that me and my best friends, the seis, create every year! Here, we usually pick a theme and all make one dish to bring to the party. We also customarily choose "Secret Santas" for the Christmas season....ahem, and Chanukkah season....(props to being the token Jew!).

As far as this post lacking, you can see that over the next week, the floodgates will open with foodie faves and splurges running the gamut from my aunt's gourmet stuffing and cranberries on Thanksgiving to Italian panini's and my much anticipated "three-cheese baked gnocchi with bacon" at our Wine and Cheese party. Worry no more!!!! Because...............there is food to be made and, therefore, food to be had.....and don't you worry, food will be had so long as my family and the seis have anything to do with it.

So, speak soon and start stretching your stomachs for the Tuuuuuuuuuuuurkey...I already have! HAHA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get ready...I'm making my quiche tonight (bacon, spinach, and grueyere cheese) as well as a homemade crust (they're all out of the refridgerated ones at the grocery store haha)!